Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport is looking for a Finance Manager per February/March 2021
As Finance Manager, you are part of the Finance Team, coaching a Finance Clerk, with possibilities to expand the team in the future. You will report directly to the General Manager.
We care about you so you can be at your best
In this role, you will join an international team of wonderful colleagues. You will be part of an ambitious, driven and fun management team and will become part of the Hyatt Family, an international company across 56 countries with global growing opportunities.
Hyatt offers a wide variety of online courses and classroom trainings. Therefore, you have great opportunities for developing yourself and growing. Furthermore, you are eligible for discounted room rates as of day 1 and up to 12 complimentary room nights after one year of service.
We offer a competitive salary according to the Dutch Labor Agreement of Hospitality (Horeca CAO), 8% vacation allowance, travel allowance & free parking.
- You are responsible for the short- and long-term planning and the management of the Accounting position.
- Manage and lead hotel on-site accounting functions and the off-site SSC accounting team to ensure proper fiscal management, timely and accurate reporting and analysis for the hotel. This responsibility also includes hotel financial planning, budgeting, accounting and cash management.
- Assist in nurturing the important relationship with the owners. Be responsible for supervising and coordinating owner reporting as required. Provide custom reports, respond quickly to questions or requests and attend financial related meetings.
- Complete the year-end internal and external audit process. Review and approve all reconciliations and audit work papers. Coordinate external auditor''s visits, respond to auditor requests, approve any and all adjustments, reconcile the audit numbers to the property numbers and approve the final audit.
- Prepare and review all monthly and annual financial statements. Investigate, review and analyze the variance explanations, involving the department managers in this process. Take initiative to manage trouble shooting for respective cost controls and revenue enhancement.
- Aid in the preparation and final review of the annual business plans.
- Supervise the Information Technology function. Additionally, have a sound understanding of the hotel operational and back office systems as well as Microsoft Office products.
- Have a sound understanding of the forecasting system and the tools from Revenue Management. Review monthly financial forecasts. Assure that the forecast is attainable.
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures.
- You have great language skills in English and preferably in Dutch as well
- You have good knowledge of the Dutch Regulations
- You have an eye for detail and are a good problem solver
- You are eligible to work in the Netherlands
- You thrive through the buzz of working in a dynamic team and in a great hotel
- You are eager to learn and grow
- You are ready for a new challenge!
- You have at least one year of work experience in a similar position in a larger hotel operation, or you have multiple years of experience and are ready for the next step
- Opera knowledge
- BirchStreet Knowledge
- Experience with a cash machine (we have Glory)
- Financial month end and year-end experience
- Oracle / SmartView knowledge
- DUTCH GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS
- Audit process by the big 4 companies.
We are looking forward to meeting you if you are interested!