The Hyatt Place Arlington/Courthouse Plaza, VA is looking for individuals who are out-going, customer service focused, and have a positive outlook to work in our housekeeping department. Our staff''s motto is Customer Service First. We offer great benefits and an atmosphere that cannot be touched. Bring your smiles and join the family. It is a fun work environment with very competitive pay that is above market value.
Housekeeper Job Requirements:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to perform essential housekeeping functions while meeting LodgeWorks/Brand time standards.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to push up to 100 pounds.
- Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
- Must be capable of utilizing both hands in order to perform such tasks as changing bed linens, scrubbing pots, etc.
- Must be capable of reaching overhead to dust, clean the tops of equipment/appliances and to place items in cupboards.
- Must be capable of moving light furniture, (i.e. chairs, tables, etc.) in order to clean under these items.
- Must be capable of climbing and descending stairs frequently throughout the shift.
- Must be capable of bending over, stooping and working on the knees in order to perform such functions as scrubbing commodes, tubs, cleaning tiles and putting away items.
- Must practice safe use of all cleaning agents.
- Must be able to follow all LodgeWorks/Brand safety practices such as wearing personal protective equipment, reading chemical warning labels, and other safe work practices.
- Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed.
- Report all missing items from rooms (i.e. irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Executive Housekeeper.
- Must be able to use two way radios, telephones, general office equipment, industrial washer, dryer, irons, vacuum, floor buffer, wet vac and other housekeeping equipment.
- Ensure proper care of housekeeping equipment and facilities and report all maintenance as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to work various shifts, days and hours
Previous housekeeping, laundry or houseman or supervisory experience is a plus. All candidates must have good verbal and written communication skills (English) and must have proper I-9 documentation in able to be considered for the above positions
Previous hotel experience preferred, but not required
High school degree or equivalent required
Hours of position
This job offers part-time and full-time opportunities and requires OPEN AVAILABILITY which includes working AM/PM shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
The Hyatt Place Arlington, VA is part of LodgeWorks, a hotel management and development company based in Wichita, Kansas with 900 employees nationwide. Our multi-brand strategy includes Archer, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and other high quality, nationally branded products. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work. It defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization – the foundation upon which everything is built.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a lot to offer individuals interested in joining our team.
Our benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401(k) with employer match, Term Life Insurance at no cost to the employee, additional Supplemental Term Life Insurance available at a minimal cost to the employee, Long and Short-Term Disability benefits at no cost to the employee, and much more for full-time positions.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Lyon Village, Arlington, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible