Responsible for cleanliness of public and guest areas of the hotel while achieving on‐going guest satisfaction through service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for the Housekeeping Department.
- Remove linens from rooms and transports to laundry.
- Operate laundry processing equipment at a level of proficiency resulting in an acceptable level of cleanliness and supply of linens.
- Advise management when supplies need to be replenished.
- Responsible for keeping laundry room and equipment clean and working in a safe manner.
- Clean and maintain common areas, i.e., elevators, guest laundry, stock and storerooms, meeting rooms, hallways, stairs, pool and exercise areas, vending area, library, break‐room, etc. Cleaning may require cleaning of windows, sweeping, mopping, waxing, and polishing marble floors and tile floors.
- Uses correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Restock supplies in all common areas.
- Reports any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Turns over any lost and found items from public areas to the Supervisor immediately.
- Complete additional deep-cleaning / seasonal cleaning functions as assigned.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- May be required to assist in the Food and Beverage Department as needed.
- Support team members to ensure the team''s entire workload is completed daily.
- Responsible for proper administration of key control for issued keys or keys left by guests in the suite.
- Maintain security for guests and property by keeping room doors locked at all times.
- Complete maintenance work orders and deliver to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Previous experience in cleaning public buildings.
- Prior guest relations training.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking and communicating.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand (up to 8 hours daily), walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Employee is required to wear a Safety Support Belt when lifting any weight over 25 pounds.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Parks Hospitality Group . . . We are a family owned company based in Raleigh, NC focused on developing, owning and managing successful hotels. Parks Hospitality Group owns and manages six hotels in North Carolina and Tennessee with locations in Raleigh/Cary, Burlington, Wilmington, Nashville and Asheville. We are proud franchise partners with Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Starwood Hotels and Hyatt and currently have multiple projects in our developmental pipeline. To learn more, please visit www.parkshotels.com.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Asheville, NC, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible