Cooks will have the opportunity to work with innovative techniques while utilizing local products in kitchen that fosters creativity. Responsible for preparing a variety of food and beverage items, cleaning and maintaining kitchen. May be required to setup and replenish food and beverage items, greet and serve guests, clean and maintain eating area in a professional and inviting appearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Insure station is set and ready for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Insure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Refrigeration and serving of cold food.
- Production of orders.
- Help to make sure of product availability for all outlets items.
- Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Keep kitchen clean and organize every day by any business.
- Ensure staff follows health department rules and procedures.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
- Report proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Ensure food quality and consistency.
- Knows hotel and kitchen expectations and the proper guidelines.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages.
- Think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration, and make concise decisions.
- Ability to perform the job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 1 year of cooking experience in a high paced or elevating dining environment.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Food handling certificate.
- Culinary degree preferred
About Parks Hospitality Group . . . We are a family owned company based in Raleigh, NC focused on developing, owning and managing successful hotels. Parks Hospitality Group owns and manages seven hotels in North Carolina and Tennessee with locations in Raleigh/Cary, Burlington, Nashville and Asheville. We are proud franchise partners with Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Starwood Hotels and Hyatt and currently have multiple projects in our developmental pipeline. To learn more, please visit www.parkshotels.com.
- Job type
- Asheville, NC, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible