Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
Are you a handy person who is good at fixing things, and likes to keep everything in good repair? We need someone to do light electrical, plumbing, painting, and small repairs. Must have a flexible schedule.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair duties, including but not limited to HVAC, refrigeration systems, plumbing, lighting, furniture, sheetrock and painting
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with all guests, vendors, contractors, and employees.
- Responsible for alerting the General Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that has taken place or that may occur.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Respond to all guest and colleague maintenance issues in a timely fashion Keep accurate record of assigned tasks and must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Van Driver (Must have a Valid Drivers License)
- Minor Maintenance (Electrical, Plumbing, painting, caulking)
- Snow Removal (Must be able to shovel snow)
- Heavy Lifting (Must be able to lift more than 50 lbs)
- Position includes Weekends and Holidays (Must be able to work Weekends/Holidays as well as Weekdays)
- Minimum of two years experience in hotel or building maintenance.
- Scheduled hours to include weekends and off-hour times based on the ongoing operating needs of the hotel.
- Must be effective at handling maintenance issues, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free.
We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more
For more information, please visit our website at waterfordhotelgroup.com EOE/M/F/D/V
- Job type
- Warwick, RI, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration