Ensure that the cleanliness standards of the guestrooms, meeting areas, public areas, and back-of-the-house are met through the optimal training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient management of operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest service scores and comments.Job Description
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff workload to ensure compliance with cleanliness and maintenance standards, which requires continuous visual and written inspections of guestrooms and public space areas.
- Develop housekeeping and laundry budget.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management.
- Conduct periodic inventory of guest supplies, small equipment and linen as required.
- Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Schedule labor to flex with forecasted hotel occupancy, F and B activity, and group events.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of preventative maintenance program and rehab projects.
- Ensure compliance of housekeeping and laundry standard operating procedures and policies.
- Operate department pursuant to OSHA requirements and guidelines.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- 5 years management experience, with at least 3 years in housekeeping management.
- Experience managing in-house operated laundry operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor''s Degree preferred.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of all housekeeping and laundry operations and individual job requirements.
- Able to work with other department leaders.
- Able to resolve guest, supervisor and associate conflicts.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family''s needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our ''YouDecide'' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Job type
- Braintree, MA, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration