BPR Properties was founded in 1983, with the purchase of our first property: a smoke shop in Staten Island, New York. After selling the smoke shop the following year, we purchased a hot dog stand (at a local flea market) and a convenience store in New Jersey. In 1986, we purchased our first motel: a 48-room Econo Lodge in Asheboro, North Carolina. Since our humble beginnings, BPR Properties has acquired and developed more than 35 hotels, developed nearly 1500 acres in commercial and residential real estate, and grown into the sophisticated company that it is today.
Our mission simply put is “To Be Great”. We strive for Greatness in everything that we do:
• Great Community Stewards – We believe in being responsible and caring for our communities and neighbors. We coordinate numerous educational, community service and assistance programs that encourage employee volunteers to utilize their time and talents.
• Great Employer – Our associates are the Heart of our organization. We strongly believe that by empowering and developing our associates, we allow the opportunity for transformation and the delivery of exceptional results.
• Great Leaders – We develop leaders that think outside the box, strive for excellence and develop strong, effective teams.
• Great Portfolio – Our portfolio of quality properties ensures that we are able to meet the needs and wants of our customers.
• Great Service – Service is the backbone of everything that we do. We believe in delivering exceptional services to all of our associates, guests and owners.
• Great Visionaries – We encourage our team members to be visionaries. We want the best for our associates…even if that means they find it someplace else. Anything is possible if you believe in yourself.
The Gallery Host creates the Hyatt Place experience for our guests by offering guests a larger than home experience with welcoming, helpful and exceptional service, while maintaining a clean, comfortable and inviting environment. Our larger than home environment is the philosophy of Service Essentials:
Greet every guest with a smile
Use guest’s name at every opportunity
Provide quick and efficient service
Offer assistance and provide options
Thank the guest and invite them back
Responsibilities and job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and philosophy of Hyatt Place. Displays dignity and respect of others at all times.
Assist guest with check in and check out processes (verifying registration, address and credit information, balancing bank, posting charges). Go above and beyond to provide assistance, i.e. assist with luggage, coffee, directions, wake up calls, future reservations, etc.
Provide information to guest and visitor inquiries; coordinates all guest requests for special arrangement of services, courteously and efficiently informs guests of hotel services, features and room amenities.
Answer hotel telephones courteously and efficiently following Hyatt Place standards.
Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Be familiar and knowledgeable with the operation of the POS system.
Assist guests with food orders and serves food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, professional and timely manner. Uses suggestive selling techniques. Maintains a clean, organized environment for guests by clearing tables during service.
Follow Hyatt Place operational policies and procedures, including those for cash and credit card handling, safety and security and all other policies, procedures and standards to ensure we can consistently exceed the guests’ expectations.
- Customer service experience is required, preferably in a hotel or related field
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have ability to work weekends
- Requires strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing
- Ability to learn quickly and work in fast paced position with constant guest interaction
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to lift, pull, and push moderate weight (minimum of 20 lbs)
- Must possess basic computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be 18 years or older