BPR Properties was founded in 1983, with the purchase of our first property: a smoke shop in Staten Island, New York. After selling the smoke shop the following year, we purchased a hot dog stand (at a local flea market) and a convenience store in New Jersey. In 1986, we purchased our first motel: a 48-room Econo Lodge in Asheboro, North Carolina. Since our humble beginnings, BPR Properties has acquired and developed more than 35 hotels, developed nearly 1500 acres in commercial and residential real estate, and grown into the sophisticated company that it is today.
Our mission simply put is “To Be Great”.
We strive for Greatness in everything that we do:
•Great Community Stewards – We believe in being responsible and caring for our communities and neighbors. We coordinate numerous educational, community service and assistance programs that encourage employee volunteers to utilize their time and talents.
•Great Employer – Our associates are the Heart of our organization. We strongly believe that by empowering and developing our associates, we allow the opportunity for transformation and the delivery of exceptional results.
•Great Leaders – We develop leaders that think outside the box, strive for excellence and develop strong, effective teams.
•Great Portfolio – Our portfolio of quality properties ensures that we are able to meet the needs and wants of our customers.
•Great Service – Service is the backbone of everything that we do. We believe in delivering exceptional services to all of our associates, guests and owners.
•Great Visionaries – We encourage our team members to be visionaries. We want the best for our associates…even if that means they find it someplace else. Anything is possible if you believe in yourself.
The purpose of this job is to clean guest rooms and bath in accordance with company standards for quantity, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security. Responsible for the cleanliness and arrangement of supplies in guest rooms.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
- Stock supply cart and use the amount of supplies that are in accordance with standards.
- Using correct chemicals provided, clean guest rooms, which includes but is not limited to striping and making the bed, gathering and emptying trash, cleaning mirrors, dusting furniture and fixtures, and vacuuming.
- Sanitize all glassware and ice buckets as in accordance to state and local health department standards.
- Clean guest baths, which includes but is not limited to cleaning bath fixtures, commodes, floors, wall and mirrors.
- Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen and terry in accordance to standards.
- Inspect room for repairs or fixtures that are not working properly and make small repairs such as replacing batteries for remote control or replacing light bulbs. Report request for repairs to supervisor or maintenance department in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Inspect rooms and baths to assure quality standards have been achieved.
- After cleaning each room and bath, report room status to front desk in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Achieve productivity and quality standards for cleaning rooms and baths.
- After cleaning rooms and baths, store cart and supplies, and empty trash in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Report any discrepancies to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Be able to lift and carry 30lbs.; push and pull 60 lbs.
- Be available to work a varied scheduled of hours worked and days off.
- Assist other employees in various assignments such as cleaning, stocking supplies or assisting in laundry.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the employee is capable of performing.
- Announce presence and enter guest rooms in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Smile, acknowledge and greet guest in rooms and/or in passing in hallways and other public areas.
- Respond to guest’s request for additional supplies such as extra towels, iron board, etc.
Safety and Security
- Perform work duties in accordance with safety and security policies and procedures.
- Perform work duties in accordance with regulations such as OSHA, HAZCOM, and Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Report and store lost and found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- Great positive attitude
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Irmo, SC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible