The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for securing new business and maintaining repeat customers for a facility or catering service provider. This is typically done through sales calls, networking, advertising and social media. The Catering Sales Manager may also negotiate prices and help clients select their menu. This person will also ensure contracts are signed and make sure all special requests are fulfilled.What you will be doing
- Partners with key stakeholders within area sales to receive leads for more in-depth qualification of the business for the property.
- Partners with hotel operations to sell products and services that the hotel has the ability to successfully execute.
- Verifies a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service.
- Assists the development of catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and overall property team.
- Implements the brand''s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process.
- Interacts effectively with guests/clients, sales and kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to monitor guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Shares responsibility for achieving revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction and the financial performance of the department.
- Must be self-motivated, able to achieve weekly sales revenue goals and weekly activity goals on a consistent basis.
- Have a minimum of a two-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel & Restaurant Management, or related field.
- Proven track record in catering and banquet sales required.
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Discounted hotel stay
Job descriptions and responsibilities are subject to change depending on business needs.
- Job type
- Dewey Beach, DE, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible