The Sales Coordinator – for Hyatt Place & Hyatt House will assist the Director of Sales and/or Sales Manager(s) with administrative duties including but not limited to word processing, account management, presentation preparation and customer follow-up. This position will coordinate client needs and client events. The Sales Coordinator will coordinate communication with other departments as requested by the Director of Sales and/or Sales Manager(s). At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. Responsibilities also include working with operations staff to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Coordinating client needs and client events.
- Maintaining files.
- May assist in selling guestrooms.
- May assist in selling meeting rooms and additional services to companies or groups as needed.
- Room set up and servicing meeting needs if needed.
- Conducting site inspections.
- Soliciting new and repeat business.
- Maintaining organization of office files and entries into Envision system on a daily basis.
- Preparing Banquet Event Orders and preparation for weekly meeting.
- Attending Weekly Revenue Meetings as needed.
- Attending Operations shift meetings as needed.
- Effectively and efficiently following up on proposals, contracts, appointments, and all assigned tasks.
Hyatt systems knowledge is critical and includes the following:
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Team player.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 1 year sales/administrative or coordinator experience required, preferably in a hotel capacity.
- Previous experience in a hotel or restaurant customer service role preferred.
- Strong organization and computer skills required.
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Must be outgoing and a proven self-starter.
- Weekends and holidays may be required as business needs warrant.
- College degree preferred.
- Previous hospitality or related field preferred.
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word proficiency.
The responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Heritage Park, Overland Park, KS, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible