The Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR is responsible for maintaining profitability and high levels of customer service at the Front Desk. He or She must have a working knowledge of all functions carried out in the Front Office area including Night Audit, Reservations and Front Desk Reception. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing individual with thorough capability for up-selling property services and attending to guest needs. The key to excellent performance in this position is management of room rate and occupancy levels. He or She supervises all Front Desk staff and also works the Front Desk when business levels or training dictate the need.
Responsibilities and job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions, security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures
- Train Front Desk staff including on-going orientation and development of each associate
- Manage the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily room rate through suggestive selling by associates
- Control the selling of rooms and rates directly through the hotel reservation system and all other outside reservation sources
- Maintain departmental communication through the effective use of staff meetings, logbooks and bulletin boards
- Participate actively in all aspects of the Manager on Duty program
- Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through associate development
- Assist guests with any special problems that may arise
- Supervise the operation of the Front Office including telephone procedures, cashier duties, night audit and reservations while also ensuring cleanliness of desk lobby areas
- Perform check-ins and check-outs
- Maintain control of associate uniforms, ensuring that uniforms and name badges are work, kept in proper condition, project high grooming standards
- Monitor payroll and control costs remaining within budget
- Maintain records of special rates offered
- Perform night audit as needed and train other staff in such duties
- Coordinate activities with related departments such as Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Sales and Maintenance
- All other duties as assigned by Management
Requires ability to stand for long periods of time; walking to a significant degree. Must have ability to communicate both orally and in writing to guests and members of the Front Office staff. Requires ability to work flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Essential Required Skills:
Requires familiarity with applicable Front Desk and Housekeeping standards and procedures. Must possess knowledge of hotel interdepartmental relationships as well as operations pertaining to the Front Desk, Reservations, Telephone Services and Guest Accounting/Night Audit. Must possess management/supervisory knowledge, skills and ability to handle/resolve guest complaints. Requires ability to communicate positively with guests and co-workers and to professionally represent the property. Requires a high degree of social skills and ability to perform work under pressure.
Associates Degree in Hotel/Restaurant management or business, however, ability gained through 2 years experience previous front office experience/on-the-job training may substitute for degree. Previous supervisor experience is required.
** NO PHONE CALLS **
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Uncasville, Montville, CT, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible