The Gallery Host creates the Hyatt Place experience for our guests by offering guests a larger than home experience with welcoming, helpful and exceptional service, while maintaining a clean, comfortable and inviting environment. Our larger than home environment is the philosophy of Service Essentials:
Greet every guest with a smile
Use guest’s name at every opportunity
Provide quick and efficient service
Offer assistance and provide options
Thank the guest and invite them back
Responsibilities and job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and philosophy of Hyatt Place. Displays dignity and respect of others at all times.
Assist guest with check in and check out processes (verifying registration, address and credit information, balancing bank, posting charges). Go above and beyond to provide assistance, i.e. assist with luggage, coffee, directions, wake up calls, future reservations, etc.
Provide information to guest and visitor inquiries; coordinates all guest requests for special arrangement of services, courteously and efficiently informs guests of hotel services, features and room amenities.
Answer hotel telephones courteously and efficiently following Hyatt Place standards.
Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Be familiar and knowledgeable with the operation of the POS system.
Assist guests with food orders and serves food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, professional and timely manner. Uses suggestive selling techniques. Maintains a clean, organized environment for guests by clearing tables during service.
Follow Hyatt Place operational policies and procedures, including those for cash and credit card handling, safety and security and all other policies, procedures and standards to ensure we can consistently exceed the guests’ expectations.
- Customer service experience is required, preferably in a hotel or related field
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have ability to work weekends
- Requires strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing
- Ability to learn quickly and work in fast paced position with constant guest interaction
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to lift, pull, and push moderate weight (minimum of 20 lbs)
- Must possess basic computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be 18 years or older