Responsible for successful daily operations of the Hotel Front Desk, Gallery and Housekeeping, ensuring each team member meets or exceeds guest service expectations and ensure team members work well together. This position will serve as a Manager on Duty in the absence of the GM.
- Supervises Front Desk, Gallery and Housekeeping: hiring, training and development, performance evaluations, and assist with terminations.
- Maintains Quality Assurance and Guest Service Survey scores.
- Assists General Manager in the development of the hotel''s annual budget. Monitors performance against plan.
- Maintains cost control systems for staffing, food and beverage inventory.
- Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of all hotel departments.
- Enforces Hotel and BPR Properties policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Works with Sales Department and Revenue Management to maximize revenue, attends weekly sales meeting, attends bi-weekly Revenue Management conference call, attends monthly credit meeting. Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Prepares daily assignment sheets for all Servers, Kitchen and Front Office associates.
- Ensures proper set up, service, breakdown and cleaning of meeting room in accordance with meeting room contracts.
- Increases level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through associate development, job engineering and quality image.
- Maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
- Orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels of all dry goods, perishable, beer, wine, spirits and supplies.
- Conducts monthly department meetings.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
- Completes projects as determined by General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area
- Ability to work without supervision, to organize and track multiple projects with large amount of detail necessary
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language
- Ability to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to effectively deal with associates requests and complaints.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in pressure situations
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- Great positive attitude
- Job type
- North Hills, Raleigh, NC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible