Does thriving at a fast-pace, relationship building, and navigating dynamic business operations - to delight guests and exceed financial goals - bring out your best self? Then, Interstate’s Assistant General Manager position may be your best next career move.
As Assistant General Manager, you will
- Oversee hotel operations to ensure a safe, comfortable environment for guests to enjoy and where associates can excel. Get out from behind the desk to observe guest experiences and staff interactions. When complications surface – and they will – make it right for the guest and open channels for associates.
- Build and Foster Front Office Staff. Create an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
- Team up with Sales. Brainstorm and implement occupancy and revenue boosting strategies.
- Keep a pulse on operational and financial performance. Actively participate in the budget process, and accurately forecast for optimal staff and supply levels, maximum flow-through, and exceptional guest experience
- Act as Manager on Duty, when duty calls.
A four-year degree or equivalent education or experience, plus two to three years’ in hotel company related position, with discipline-specific operations knowledge and supervisory experience is required. Verbal and written English language proficiency is required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and switchboard operation knowledge is expected.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Central San Jose, San Jose, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible