You’ve always been curious about how things work. And when things stop working, you can’t help taking them apart and putting them back together so they DO. Easy breezy.Then, working as a Class I Engineer with Interstate may be just the right place for you to use your technical knowledge and knack for fixing.
As a Class I Engineer, you will
- Take regular action to keep guest room and areas fully operable for guest comfort and safety and the work environment safe for fellow associates.
- Use your wits and technical abilities to solve problems and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
- Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Help with grounds upkeep.
- Help keep the mechanical areas safe, orderly, and clean and maintain legible, orderly records.
A high school diploma with technical or vocational schooling is preferred. Hotel experience is also preferred but not required. General knowledge of technical fields, such as carpentry, painting, and electrical, is expected. This position requires effective communication skills, a professional manner, the ability to work in a team and make independent decisions. Knowledge of Kemper Insurance Red Tag System and the ability to drive a pick-up truck may also be required. This position requires lifting at least 40 pounds.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Central San Jose, San Jose, CA, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible