Interacting with people, making connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day; it’s what you do, and you love it. You’ll have the opportunity to do this and more as Sales Manager for the Hyatt Place in Downtown Seattle!What you will be doing
- Directs the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communications while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel. Oversees room blocks with Front Office Manager.
- Coordinates ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information of new marketing trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
- Initiates preparation of computerized annual marketing and media plans for short and long range goals and executes plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed by current market conditions.
- Develops and conducts persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Organizes, conducts and/or attends scheduled sales and related meetings to obtain and disseminate information. Informs necessary departments of VIP of client special requests.
- Conducts site inspections. Maximizes revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handles account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are completed and documented.
- Travels locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition reader boards to develop leads.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with one to two years’ employment in a related position. Must possess effective verbal and written English communications skills. Advanced knowledge of sales and hospitality principles and practices is expected. This position also requires an ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Job type
- South Lake Union, Seattle, WA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible