First Hospitality Group seeks a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated General Manager to join our exceptional team.
The General Manager will report to the Regional Director of Operations and is responsible for overseeing the operational functions for the hotel to include Front Office, Housekeeping, Breakfast Room, Maintenance and Night Audit. The position also oversees all the sales efforts for the hotel and addresses all daily guest and associate concerns in the hotel.
The primary function is to run a smooth and profitable operation, to serve as key point-person for guests and associates, and to ensure that the utmost service and hospitality standards are maintained.
- Previous hotel GM experience (Marriott brand experience preferred)
- Background in reservations sales, yield and revenue management
- Must have strong diplomacy and communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with senior managers, team members and guests
- This position requires a flexible schedule. Candidates must be willing to work nights including weekends and holidays
- Ideal candidate will possess exceptional organizational skills, including effective task delegation, time management and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong skills for analysis and problem-solving
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to hire, train, coach, guide, reward and develop staff, with emphasis on continuous improvement in guest service quality
- Strong administrative skills, to include business writing, mathematics for basic accounting and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Ability to bend, push, pull and lift up to 15 lbs.
- College Degree required; B.S. or B.A. Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Job type
- Mishawaka, IN, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible