Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is looking for a friendly, outgoing, customer-oriented bartender who is focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Bartenders are responsible for providing drinks, offering customized recommendations and preparing and serving food from the Gallery Fresh 24/7 Menu. The right person will be familiar with the latest in mixology, bar equipment, and sanitation standards, with a focus on maintaining an attractive bar and Gallery.
This position offers opportunity for casual conversation, creativity and allows for building on previous bartending experiences. Candidates will have understanding of state and local serving guidelines.
This is a part-time position, primarily working Sunday, Monday, and Thursday evenings. Schedule is subject to change.
- Customer service and bartending experience is required, preferably in a hotel or related field
- Experience hosting wine and/or sake tasting events is highly preferred
- Must have schedule flexibility for both AM/PM shifts, weekends and holidays
- Must be 21 or over with the ability to obtain a liquor commission blue card
- Requires strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing
- Foreign language skills preferred but not required
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift, pull, and push moderate weight (minimum of 20 lbs)
This position is managed by Kokua Hospitality, a Hyatt franchise partner.
What’s in a Name? In our case, quite a lot. Our history and corporate culture are both intrinsically tied to the etymology of our name. Kokua is a Hawaiian word meaning giving to others for their benefit. At Kokua Hospitality, we are proud of our name and proud of the mission it represents – Giving to others. A mission we’re determined to live up to each and every day.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible