Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is looking for a Lead Housekeeper to contribute to the hotel’s commitment to high quality guest service, teamwork, who appreciates high standards of excellence.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Lead Housekeeper assists the Executive Housekeeper in the management of all duties of the housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property. Assisting the Executive Housekeeper with inter-department communications and staff scheduling, the Lead Housekeeper will promote an atmosphere that ensures customer and associate satisfaction.
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper in the smooth and efficient running of the Housekeeping department, ensuring all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ensures Housekeeping Attendants deliver exceptional guest service at all times
- Conducts regular inspections of rooms, ensuring that inspection program and standards of cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Prepares and posts weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators
- Assists with inventory and purchasing of supplies, working closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery and maintenance
- Assure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Works closely with other departments in a supportive and flexible manner to ensure daily operation runs smoothly
- Ensures all daily arrival V.I.P. rooms, special request rooms and long stay guest rooms are prepared with the appropriate welcome and other amenities
- Ensure OSHA and ADA policies are adhered to
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- 2 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms experience (typically with Hyatt).
- Basic understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
This position is managed by Kokua Hospitality, a Hyatt franchise partner.
What’s in a Name? In our case, quite a lot. Our history and corporate culture are both intrinsically tied to the etymology of our name. Kokua is a Hawaiian word meaning giving to others for their benefit. At Kokua Hospitality, we are proud of our name and proud of the mission it represents – Giving to others. A mission we’re determined to live up to each and every day.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Waikīkī, Honolulu, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible