Plans, coordinates and ensures execution of all Conference group related activities and events. Acts as the primary liaison between the client and the staff of the property while focusing on the client’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Primary responsibility is to plan and ensure execution of group events to include but not limited to dates/timing of arrival and departure, VIP arrangements, Food and Beverage services, room set-ups, diagrams, audio visual/production needs, rooming lists, special needs, special events, on/off-site entertainment, transportation.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the property’s accommodations, meeting facilities and support services.
- Promote the use of the property’s ancillary services (i.e. banquets, cocktail receptions and theme parties) in fulfilling the general, unique or special objectives of the clients. Generally promoting the property as the facility best suited to meet their needs and requirements, including utilizing hotel outlets.
- Arrange and conduct site visits of assigned accounts for the purpose of planning, organization and coordinating of all meeting needs and requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate group billing, and coordinate all ancillary services to achieve accurate and timely billing
- Review and submission of 3rd party commission documentation/paperwork for groups.
- Review distribution of in-house reports to ensure consistency and completeness of information.
- Make presentations to management, peers, and employees regarding upcoming group details.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with clients in timely manner.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing all details of events to appropriate personnel in timely manner.
- Enhances group events and department profitability by using up-selling techniques.
- Communicates frequently with group contact and attendees to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Coordinates vendors, obtains quotes, client contracts etc.
- Takes a proactive approach toward client satisfaction and communication.
- Proactively communicates with appropriate management regarding all client evaluations rated fair or poor.
- Performs some administrative to include distribution of event orders, reports, filing, etc.
- Follow proper channels when seeking authorization for special rates, concessions, discounts.
- Induce a clean, pleasant and professional image within the department staff to project a positive, polished appearance for guest and potential guest relations.
- Perform all other services or duties as requested by the DOSM.
- Contribute and work as a "team" member in all facets of the position.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from it.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization''s policies and applicable laws.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and clients.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with broad experience in Word and Excel.
- Previous knowledge of Envision is an advantage.
- Strong technical and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with exceptional ability to self-manage
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to frequently sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, craw or lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in hotel or convention/conference center, preferable in conference services department environment
- Knowledge of conference service equipment, set-up styles, and audio-visual
- Knowledge and understanding of hotel operations.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
- Job type
- Downtown, Albuquerque, NM, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible