- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key and escort instructions to Bellhop.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests'' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours.
- Deposits guests'' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- May be required at any time to fill in the job duties of either the Reservationist or the PBX operator (review individual job descriptions.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Reports all necessary reporting procedures in documenting customer requests.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the FD computer system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be knowledgeable of all in-house services and able to assist customers when questioned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, computes rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hotel customer service experience, computer experinece.
- Must be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Albuquerque, NM, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible