Supervise, train and inspect the performance of assigned Room Attendants, Turndown Attendants and Floor Attendants, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel standards. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guest and residents.
Work Environment :
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- under variable noise levels.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust and/or mite hazards.
- around chemicals.
- around bio-hazards.
- 1 year experience as a Supervisor in hotel.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Compute mathematical calculations.
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest and resident’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest and resident information and pertinent resort data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
- High school graduate.
- Supervisory experience in a luxury hotel environment preferably 5 Star/ 5 Diamond.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
- Exert physical effort in transporting 15-30 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Remain standing for extended periods throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, residents, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guest, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Report to work as scheduled, in proper uniform, and in accordance with company’s personal appearance standards.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- Verify room status on A.M. report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
- Ensure that assigned staff have reported to work; documenti any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities.
- Assign designated guest room keys, tablets and radios to assigned staff. Maintain accurate record of such and ensure security of keys.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift.
- Inspect supply levels of floor closets. Assign designated personnel to rectify any deficiencies.
- Check Room Attendant''s baskets and lobby attendant closet for proper supplies, neatness, cleanliness and mechanical problems.
- Inspect rooms cleaned by assigned Room Attendants/Turndown Attendants, using designated checklist. Directly contact Room Attendant/Turndown Attendant and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Update room status after approving cleanliness and condition in accordance with departmental standards.
- Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Check DND rooms and verify status.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, , offices and service areas after being cleaned by Floor/Lobby Attendants, using designated checklists. Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies to be corrected.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit via HotSOS to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Conduct training of staff as assigned.
- Provide feedback on staff performance to manager. Report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counseling of employees.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
- Check P.M. reports for accuracy and completeness. Complete night counts in accordance with departmental standards.
- Maintains inventories of amenities, chemicals and other supplies to insure items are in stock and reordered in timely manner.
- Check with laundry to insure rooms linen are done and delivered to closets.
- Train new employees and retrain of those employees who fail to meet standards.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in other areas of Housekeeping as assigned.
- Attend designated meetings.
- Inspect Lobby and Restrooms.
- Public Rest Rooms and check for proper supplies.
- Inspect organization and cleanliness.
- Job type
- Downtown, Albuquerque, NM, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration