Five-star Hyatt Regency Amsterdam, brings botany & sustainability to life with an award-winning living interior, botanical inspired guestrooms, a passion for discovering our up and coming East neighborhood and a buzzing Indonesian Restaurant, Mama Makan.
Are you ready?
Because we are looking for a Housekeeping Team Leader!
• A junior leader (not by age, but by experience);
• A natural motivator and go-to person for the entire Housekeeping team;
• A problem-solver with a hands-on mentality;
• Someone with an eye for detail, always looking for new ways to enhance the guests’ stay;
• Someone who is able to juggle daily operations, projects and administration – all in a day!
What does the ROLE entail?
• Supervising and coordinating the activities of the Housekeeping team;
• Ensuring team delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times;
• Examining all guest rooms, to ensure they are cleaned in accordance to the hotel’s standards;
• Ensuring all linens are handled and processed according to their priority and standards;
• Conducting briefings on room occupancy, daily events, and special attention that may be needed;
• Maximizing employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling, to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests;
• Overseeing the punctuality and appearance of the team, ensuring they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, as per Hotel’s standards;
• Maximizing the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring;
Number of positions: 3
What’s in it for YOU?
• An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
• 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets;
• A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
• Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
• Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
• 25 Vacation days
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
• To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
• Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
• Hotel gym access
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
• International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
• Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
• A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
• An International team of over 15 different nationalities
• Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshops and classroom trainings
• 1+ years’ experience in a Leadership role within a Hotel’s Housekeeping team, being used to and comfortable with leading shifts, inspecting rooms and handling administrative tasks;
• Very familiar with the Housekeeping department, having relevant experience and knowledge for the position, and the ability to onboard and train new colleagues;
• Good communication skills in English, and preferably in Dutch as well;
• A relevant degree in Hospitality or Tourism, or equivalent on-the-job training;
• A flexible schedule, able to adjust your time as needed to cover shifts;
• Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Language required: English.
Located in the centre of Amsterdam and bordering the city’s trendy and exciting east neighbourhood, Hyatt Regency Amsterdam connects business with pleasure, and city with nature. An urban oasis, just minutes from Amsterdam’s iconic sites.
Spacious Rooms: 211 modern, well-appointed guestrooms including 15 suites with scenic views and club level spaces available.
Spaces that connect: Over 517 sq m of dynamic meeting and events spaces that make every get-together an energising and memorable experience.
Indonesian Delights: Inspired by the strong roots that bind Holland and Indonesia, on-site restaurant and bar Mama Makan offers refreshing Indonesian flavors in food and drink.
Convenient Location: Adjacent to hip East Amsterdam and set in the city’s cultural garden, steps from shops, restaurants, bars, attractions and business.
Peace of Mind: Hit the treadmill in the fully equipped 24 hour fitness centre or take running outdoors to the nearby Oosterpark.