The position will take responsibility for the hotel''s Events Sales Team and goal achievement. They will develop strategy and revenue goals with the Director of Sales & Marketing. They will ensure the team delivers the highest levels of service and adhere to our company''s best practices. The DOCS will lead by example while demonstrating the company''s LQE''s applying standard practices to both the sales process and Envision use. The Director of Events will attract clients to the hotel and conduct professional and courteous tours. They will be organized and possess a high level of self-motivation to generate appointments with clients and new business. They will assist and support business strategies as directed by the DOSM.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Together with the DOSM implement the agreed pricing structure and strategy for all catering market segments.
- Direct all sales activities for the Events Sales Team and ensure they meet the goals of the marketing plan and those of the balance score card.
- Establish and maintain effective employee working relations both within the department and within other departments in the hotel.
- Analyze and review market changes with the DOSM and implement programs with the catering sales team to meet these changes.
- Maintain close relationships with his/her key decision makers in their given market.
- Organize and accompany familiarization site inspections trips with clients.
- Regularly entertain clients in the hotel.
- Maintain a high level of exposure for the hotel in their given market through direct sales solicitation, telephone and written communication.
- Supervise the Events Sales Team in control of space allocations, F&B spend and contract details.
- Produce, review and send business winning proposals to prospect enquires.
- Produce and review client contracts with 100% accuracy ensuring negative exposure for the hotel and client confidence. Ensuring 100% adherence to hotel''s contractual policies and procedures including but not limited to cancellation, attrition & payment.
- Ensure Envision input and profiles comply 100% with MOHG best practices. This includes but is not limited to activities, supplied BEO information and catering profiles.
- Maintain accurate database of all information for relative contacts (organizers, third parties, influencers & end users).
- Provide feedback on market information to the DOSM on changing conditions, trends and competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone, reading material and interaction with competitive hotel staff.
- Provide daily updates to the DOSM on major business results and achievements.
- Propose and initiate when approved, new services and products for our guests.
- Perform a variety of other duties as assigned and responsibilities as requested by the DOSM.
- Be responsible when entertaining on-property during site visits and familiarization trips. Seek guidance from DOSM prior to expenditure.
- Consider F&B expenditure and costs.
- Give clear and accurate instruction to administration assistance.
- Lead by example in all areas of the hotel, executing MOHG LQE''s when interacting with other colleagues.
- Prospect and support recruiting efforts for new potential associates for when positions become available.
- They will conduct regular department meetings always highlighting current and future goals and achievements.
- Update DOSM on any feedback on market intelligence. Provide reporting to the DOSM on key business booked, cancelled or periods of opportunity.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from it.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of group, social and corporate catering is required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to meet all business objectives including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous knowledge of Envision is an advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities; must have prior experience leading and coaching a team of professionals.
- Proven leadership experience catering sales; must be able to successfully prospect and cold call; be able to generate business leads and assist catering managers with meeting goals and targets for optimum sales performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, craw or lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical
parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bachelor''s degree in related field is required.
A minimum of 5 years in a hotel Events sales position in a similar role is required; you must possess a minimum of 2 years in a similar position with a luxury hotel brand to be successful in this role.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- North Brookhaven, Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible