Front Office Supervisor with coordination of front office activities of hotel and resolves problems arising from guests'' complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.What you will be doing
- Checks AM and PM discrepancy reports.
- Has complete working knowledge of software system
- Can perform all of the front desk functions to include Guest Service Aide, PBX Operator, Front Desk Clerk, Reservationists, etc.
- Assists Front Desk Clerks by checking guests in and out of the hotel.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Ensures proper staffing levels of Front Desk Clerks by assisting Front Desk Manager/Front Office Manager in preparing weekly schedule and maintaining proper documentation (time cards, disciplinary procedures, reviews, etc.)
- Assists the Front Desk Manager/Front Office Manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances.
- Trains all new Front Desk Clerks.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of activities.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Advises quests of available activities such as swimming, skating, boating, golf and other sports.
- Receives and processes advance registration payments.
- Sends out letters of confirmation or returns checks when registration cannot be accepted.
- Patrols public rooms, investigates disturbances, and warns troublemakers.
- May be required at any time to assume the job duties of the Front Desk Clerk or any other position which is directly supervised by this position.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Bachelor''s degree (B. A.) from four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years related experience and/or training.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- North Brookhaven, Atlanta, GA, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible