Setting the Standard for Hotels in Aurora, CO
Conveniently located near the heart of downtown Denver in Aurora, the Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center is full-service hotel in Aurora featuring 249 guestrooms and suites, as well as more than 30,000 square feet of versatile event space including ballrooms, wedding venues, and banquet space. We also feature convenient amenities such as a fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, outdoor swimming pool, and full-service restaurant with lounge and outdoor patio. As an approved conference center with the International Association of Conference Centers, we provide next-level experiences for meetings and social gatherings. This accreditation proves that we adhere to the highest standards for service, so you can rest assured your meeting will surely impress.
About This Job
The Director of Conference Services at the Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center oversees all conference center and meeting space sales activities and bookings. This person has an assigned quota for contracting catering events and ensures the entire events and catering team is meeting financial targets. This position entails solicitation of new business, handling inquiries and detailing catering events, as well as overseeing high end productions on-site. This leader must be highly organized and is responsible for ensuring high guest satisfaction.
The Director of Conference Services is responsible for selling and servicing events and works closely with Hotel Sales Managers in contract negotiations and servicing groups as it relates to catering and convention services. Primary sales efforts are in banquet food, beverage and meeting room rental and may include menu planning, agenda setting, hotel meeting services, hospitality amenities, and special VIP requests. Duties also include contract review and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service. This position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing. The Director of Conference Services also hosts hotel tours, maintains strong customer relationships, participates and may lead event meetings, and other staff meetings, and works as a team member with the sales and catering staff. This position also works as a liaison between Meeting planners and senior hotel leadership.
Commonwealth Hotel Collection associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Handle, respond and follow up on inquiries for meetings/events with or without guestrooms. Follow up on leads by qualifying the customer’s needs and dates for the event to determine if the business is a good fit for the property.
- Negotiate contracts and banquet event orders (BEO). Identify and price customer needs for the event, up-selling where possible, and closing the sale with the customer, collecting the customer deposit and signature on the BEO.
- Communicate group details/changes to all hotel departments, coordinating customer’s needs with other property business and activities to ensure customer’s expectations are met and the property operates efficiently.
- Finalize and detail catering plans for groups contracted by assigned sales manager. Completely orchestrate these functions on-site or off-site. Empowered to do whatever it takes to solve any problems.
- Prospect for new catering business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, trade shows, attending community functions, blitzes, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, etc.
- Monitor blocked space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of blocked space on cut-off date to allow sale of these rooms to other customers.
- Maintain account files in software system, ensuring accurate communication between client and hotel staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property management system(s). Use knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet and Meeting Matrix or a similar system.
- Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management, listening, and math skills.
- Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Maintain contact and event information and follow procedures for submitting sales contracts
- Read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence
- Minimum 5 years catering sales, or 5 years in hotel catering/convention services, banquet, hotel sales or culinary arts; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Candidates must be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Job type
- Jewell Heights - Hoffman Heights, Aurora, CO, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible