The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Attend daily Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) meeting.
• Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
• Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
• Meet or exceed set goals.
• Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
• Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
• Initiate and follow up on leads.
• Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
• Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
• Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
• Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
• Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
• Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
• Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
• Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
• Meet and greet onsite contacts.
• Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
• Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
• Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
• Entertain clients.
• Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
Education & Experience:
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• At least 2 years experience in Sales required.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Bethesda, MD, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible