Hyatt Regency Birmingham – The Wynfrey Hotel consists of 329 beautifully appointed guest rooms and 32,000 square feet of event space, featuring 22 meeting rooms and Merk’s Tavern and Kitchen - casual dining and bar. We are connected to the Riverchase Galleria Mall, which features over 200 stores and restaurants. The hotel is only minutes from the attractions of downtown Birmingham, cultural and historic attractions and the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Oxmoor Valley.What you will be doing
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for effectively communicating with the various departments to ensure that the meeting and related functions are executed for the clients.
- Responsible for re-booking group and applicable catering business through building strong, professional customer relationships and providing consistent outstanding customer service.
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquires in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Represents themselves and the hotel with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service -focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communication with all coworkers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
Our Company culture fosters teamwork, guest service, and individual accountability. We deliver exceptional service, quality, and value to every guest, every time. This is the driving philosophy of our business. We want our hotels to be the best and our guests to be exceedingly satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people and provide a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance (3 plan options)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability Buy Up
- Educational Assistance Program
- 401k Plan with match up to 6%
- Davidson We Care Team Member Assistance Program
To learn more about Davidson Hotels & Resorts visit our website, www.DavidsonHotels.comThe ideal candidate for this position
Requires knowledge of general sales techniques.
Requires highly developed customer service skills.
Requires ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
Requires effective verbal communication and business writing skills.
Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2 years of Social Event Planning.
- 2 years of food and beverage experience.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Good up-selling skills
- Able to execute a sales and marketing plan to enhance revenue
- A positive and winning attitude is a must!
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Understanding knowledge of computers.
- Be able to work most weekends.
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test, background check, and job assessment required.
Due to the volume of applicants we are unable to respond to all applicants. We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please.
- Job type
- Hoover, AL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible