Hyatt Regency Birmingham – The Wynfrey Hotel consists of 329 beautifully appointed guest rooms and 32,000 square feet of event space, featuring 22 meeting rooms and Merk’s Tavern and Kitchen - casual dining and bar. We are connected to the Riverchase Galleria Mall, which features over 200 stores and restaurants. The hotel is only minutes from the attractions of downtown Birmingham, cultural and historic attractions and the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Oxmoor Valley.What you will be doing
As the Executive Housekeeper you are responsible for overseeing the success of all functions in the Housekeeping area including; supervising the cleanliness and turning of guest rooms, guest services, schedules, cleanup of all hotel areas including lobbies, public areas, bathrooms, guest floors, and bar/restaurant. Other functions include; selecting, training and developing Team Members, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventories and par levels.
Manage department within budget. Accurately forecast expenses. Prepare annual departmental budget that accurately reflects the department''s operations plan. Analyze financial and operating information on an ongoing basis in order to adjust labor, supplies, materials and other costs to achieve budget.
Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management. Resolve Team Member grievances fairly and timely. Ensure Team Members fully understand performance standards, review process, and reward successes. Manage safety program to protect guests and Team Members and meet OSHA requirements. Submit work orders to the maintenance department on a timely basis and follow up to ensure completion. Justify requests for capital projects using ROI. Manage security procedures such as key control and lost and found.Benefits
Our Company culture fosters teamwork, guest service, and individual accountability. We deliver exceptional service, quality, and value to every guest, every time. This is the driving philosophy of our business. We want our hotels to be the best and our guests to be exceedingly satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people and provide a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance (3 plan options)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability Buy Up
- Educational Assistance Program
- 401k Plan with match up to 6%
- Davidson We Care Team Member Assistance Program
To learn more about Davidson Hotels & Resorts visit our website, www.DavidsonHotels.com and apply today!The ideal candidate for this position
- Degree in Hotel Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years prior housekeeping management experience required.
- Previous hotel housekeeping preferred.
- Effective business communication skills.
- Positive guest and associate relations skills.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- The ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
- Knowledge of inventories, scheduling, and productivity.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test, background check, and job assessment required.
Due to the volume of applicants we are unable to respond to all applicants. We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please.
- Job type
- Hoover, AL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible