Helpful by nature, with a watchful eye, you’re happiest in motion. Upon arrival, you scan the area to see what needs attending. You enjoy tidying up and making sure everything’s in its place. You pitch in to help housekeeping with heavy lifting and attend to guest needs. And you love saving the day when you find that missing treasure, whether expensive valuable or precious sentiment. If you’re ready for a change and want to make a difference, consider an opportunity with Hyatt, as Houseperson.
As Houseperson, you will
- Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure public areas are clean and tidy, taking care to remove or replace anything out of order.
- Coordinate and help housekeeping with heavy lifting and priority requests.
- Use your watchfulness to report missing or found articles and any sign of damage or needed repair.
- Be graciously attentive to guests, answering questions and getting additional help when it’s needed.
Prior housekeeping experience is helpful. The ability to communicate effectively in Basic English is required. The ability to operate a vacuum, floor buffer, carpet cleaner and pressure washer is expected. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, primarily during the mornings, mid days and early afternoons, including weekends and holidays. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances, including indoor and outdoor climates. Must be able to climb stairs, bend and stoop on a regular basis. Must be able to lift, push and pull a moderate to heavy amount of weight often.
- Healthcare, 401K, paid vacation, holiday pay, and sick days
- Discounted room rates with Hyatt around the world
- Opportunities for advancement
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Crystal City, Arlington, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible