The House Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. Assisting Room Attendants on designated floors. He/she is also responsible for delivering items such as luggage, irons, coffee, etc. to guest rooms.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver''s license for the applicable state (property specific).
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Clean/Buff floors daily according to hotel standards.
- Shampoo carpets in the public areas according to hotel standards.
- Shampoo furniture as needed according to hotel standards.
- Clean Public restrooms and ensure maintenance on a regular basis/ as needed throughout the shift
- Handle all requests for luggage assistance at check in/our in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping or Front Office.
- Complete daily assignment check list and submit to supervisor at the end of the day
- Be familiar with Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
- Put all equipment away properly after usage according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Clean and dust floors daily according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain hotel equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain storage of hotel equipment in proper area.
- Clean guestrooms as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Job type
- Deerfield, IL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible