As a Room Service Server, you will fill a guest services role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals of the daily operation Food & Beverage service to guest room customers. You will ensure the highest quality of product and service standards to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues and profitability by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service.The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year food service experience with general knowledge of full service, table-side service and standards.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Become informed of daily/weekly specials and is able to explain all menu items and methods of cooking/preparation to the customers as requested.
- Delivers and serves food and beverages to hotel guest’s room and sets up and serves the order in the guest’s room.
- Ensures the guest’s order is prepared and served to the satisfaction of the guest; gladly returns to room with any additionally requested foods, beverages, or utensils.
- Arranges for additional tables or chairs to be brought or taken from the room to increase guest comfort while eating.
- Completes customer payment transactions as outlined in cash and charge procedures.
- Maintains tray tracking system and ensures trays are removed from the guest corridors regularly.
- Performs set-up and closing side work; stocks service station, makes coffee, etc. Presets trays as necessary; prepares flatware “roll-ups”.
- May answer room service phones and record orders; utilizes suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
- Relays information about direct or indirect feedback of service or cuisine to management.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Job type
- Herndon, VA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration