As an Convention Services Manager, you will fill a pivotal role to coordinate arrangements for group meetings and conventions. Plans, coordinates, and implements special events and other meetings, conferences and special projects. Performs initial contract negotiations and vendor service agreements in addition to ensuring that the administrative functions for all Sales positions and the Director of Sales and Marketing are handled, performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have two or more years of experience in Hotel Operations or Sales and have knowledge of the local area. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.)
- Plan, up sell and detail programs with clients including; verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes, decorations, etc.
- Monitor and control individual event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
- Maintain communication between all departments regarding customer requirements for events and meeting business.
- Develop and maintain client relationship and repeat business.
- Provide a service culture that generates positive event satisfaction, sustained revenue achievement, excellent internal communications and team participation.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or managementBenefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Fairfax, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible