As an Events Meeting Manager, you will fill a pivotal role in effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. Responsible for providing catering/banquet services to groups with meeting room and catering needs, and overseeing the servicing of clients. Responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have two or more years of experience in Hotel Operations or Sales and have knowledge of the local area. (Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.)
- Plan, up sell and detail programs with clients including; verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes, decorations, etc.
- Monitor and control individual event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
- Maintain communication between all departments regarding customer requirements for events and meeting business.
- Develop and maintain client relationship and repeat business.
- Provide a service culture that generates positive event satisfaction, sustained revenue achievement, excellent internal communications and team participation.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
- Job type
- Fairfax, VA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration