The purpose of the Banquet Captain is to organize and coordinate the set-up, service and breakdown for all food and beverage functions; maintains communication with meeting planners ensuring complete guest satisfaction; in charge of proper training of servers and co�-captains.
Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization''s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain constant contact with Banquet Chef to ensure complete, effective communication between food production and food service.
• Conducts daily stand-ups
• Inspects table place settings, including table linen, silverware, china, glass and condiments for correct placement by servers and to ensure that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive
• Responsible for proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables used for catering functions.
• Sees that all functions take place on time and according to plan. All rooms are to be ready 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time and ready to receive guests. Responsible for all servers on the floor and supervises service received by guest throughout each function assigned. Staff is ready at attention 15 minutes before start time.
• Supervises clearing and post function clean up. Checks servers out, making sure that function rooms, back hall and storage areas are neat and clean and equipment is cleaned and stored properly. Makes sure any breakfast functions for the next day are set and ready.
• Reviews next days’ BEO’s, checking for staffing and any changes. Fills out equipment and food requisitions as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Auro Hotels is an e-verify and equal opportunity employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
- Job type
- Greenville, SC, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible