The purpose of an Engineer I is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for working order of mechanical systems. The Engineer I must maintain a safe working environment throughout the hotel by providing an attractive, clean and well-maintained property.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain accurate records on preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Perform general maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections and repairs duties as assigned.
- Adhere to safety, security and emergency procedures, react appropriately during emergency situations, and act promptly to correct hazards. Adhere to security procedures concerning the handling of guest room and master keys, security of boiler and electrical rooms and other engineering areas, proper storage of all chemicals, etc.
- Listen to and promptly act to resolve guest problems and complaints.
- Clean and organize maintenance shop.
- Have working knowledge of HVAC, MEP and refrigeration systems, including repair, maintenance and basic electric and plumbing skills. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and identify needs and parts.
- Have strong mechanical skills for operation and repair of hotel equipment and possess the knowledge and ability to perform a variety of general maintenance repairs.
- Have working knowledge regarding application and storage of all chemicals and the OSHA standards for chemical use.
- Know how to operate hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
- Read manufacturer instructions, blueprints, etc. and the ability to discern various colors of electrical wiring.
- Make effective judgments on the various aspects of general repairs and maintenance and effectively solve guest and operational problems.
- Keeps Chief Engineer promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so that prompt corrective action can be taken.
High School Diploma Preferred; Understanding of HVAC and Refrigeration. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Interested, qualified candidates please apply online at www.aurohotels.com An online application is required for consideration.
Auro Hotels and the Hyatt Regency Greenville are Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employers. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
- Job type
- Greenville, SC, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible