The purpose of an Engineer II is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for working order of mechanical systems. The Engineer II must maintain a safe and working environment throughout the hotel by providing an attractive, clean and well-maintained property.
Essential Job Functions
- Inspects all operating systems and components of the hotel to ensure they are operating properly, efficiently and safely, as directed by Chief Engineer.
- Promptly responds to front desk reports of guest problems or concerns, informs the front desk when action is complete so the front desk can perform “Courtesy Call Back” telephone calls.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repairs, or makes recommendations for repairs, as assigned: all mechanical/electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing systems, all building components and furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Maintains the grounds daily, including landscaping and parking areas in a clean, neat, safe and attractive manner.
- Performs the “PM” schedule on a timely basis, ensuring that all elements of the guest room meet the standards of the brand.
- Performs painting, carpentry, plumbing, emergency carpet cleaning and other jobs as necessary.
- Maintains all storage areas, shops and mechanical areas in a clean, safe and secure manner, reporting to the Chief Engineer any corrective actions that need to be taken.
- Keeps Chief Engineer promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so that prompt corrective action can be taken.
- Perform job duties with a minimum of disruption of the guest.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required; 2 years minimum work experience in maintenance or trades.
Auro Hotels and the Hyatt Regency Greenville are Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employers. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
- Job type
- Greenville, SC, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible