- Prepare and review all journal vouchers, month-end reports and reconciliations
- Review preliminary financial statements with Controller
- Participate in monthly financial reviews and assist Controller with the presentation of these reports
- Assist Controller with supervising Accounting staff and the Information Technology functions of the hotel including coaching and counseling associates to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures, interviewing, training and evaluating performance of staff.
- Manage and help oversee hotel on-site accounting functions to ensure proper fiscal management, timely and accurate reporting and analysis for the hotel. This responsibility also includes hotel financial planning, budgeting, accounting and cash management
- Systems administration, G/L account reconciliations, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full P&L responsibility.
- Assist with managing and ensuring SOX compliance
- Assist Controller with completing the year-end audit process. Review and approve all reconciliations and audit work papers. Participate in and respond to auditor requests to ensure total hotel compliance.
- Help prepare all monthly and annual financial statements. Investigate, review and analyze the variance explanations, involving the department staff in this process. Take initiative to manage trouble shooting for respective cost controls and revenue enhancement
- Assist Controller with special reporting and analysis projects
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer including: free uniforms and cleaning of your uniform, paid vacation and sick leave, medical health care, paid Family Bonding Time, Adoption Assistance, free parking, discounted and complimentary rooms at Hyatt locations across the globe, discounted meals during shifts, up to $1,000 of tuition reimbursement per year, and many more!
When applying for a position at Hyatt, you are pursuing an opportunity to join a culture built on caring and attentive colleague who have a passion for providing efficient service and creating meaningful experiences. Our values are the guiding principles for our success, giving us the opportunity to open over 700 properties worldwide.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
- Hospitality or Accounting degree preferred
- 2 years or more of progressive Accounting experience, preferably in a hotel
- Experience supervising Accounting staff members
- Prior MICROS, ADP/Enterprise, TimeSaver, and Hyatt systems (Opera and PMS) expertise desired
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must have excellent organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills
- Job type
- Renton, WA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible