*Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill is an international 5* hotel nestled on the picturesque gardens of Portman Square, just 100 meters north of Marble Arch and Oxford Street.
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. At Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill our aim is to create energizing experiences that connect our guests to who and what matters to them most. We are passionate about fostering connections, the place for any and every occasion and a one-stop experience.
We are currently looking for a passionate Sous Chef to join our Pastry Kitchen Team.
The Sous Chef is accountable for preparing a consistent, high quality food product in order to provide guests with a memorable dining experience.
The Sous Chef will be:
- accountable for the food dining experience
- responsible for the budget and cost control in line with the hotel business plan
- working with other teams to maximise guest satisfaction
- mentoring and coaching to ensure maximum employee engagement
- recruiting future talent and managing performance of the team
- familiar with all food items on the menu
- following standard recipes and minimising waste to help ensure that the food cost is in line with budget
- able to demonstrate knowledge of seasonal and new products on the market
- ensuring that all dishes are correctly presented and garnished before being sent for service
- ensuring hygiene and sanitation are strictly observed and that equipment and utensils are handled, maintained and used correctly
- establishing a rapport with guests, providing guest recognition and good customer relationships.
With your intuition and dedication to people, you are always striving to deliver a great service for guests. If you are a motivated and passionate Pastry Chef who likes challenges and creating personal connections with guests, we would like to meet you.
Previous experience working in the same or similar role within a five star hotel environment is desired but not a must.
Hyatt offers a great range of benefits, including meals on duty and individual personal career development opportunities, to name but a few.
- Job type
- Marylebone, London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible