Scope of Position:
The Revenue Manager is responsible for maximizing room revenues through management of the hotel’s room inventory and for assisting in supervision of the day to day activities of the reservations/revenue Department. Supervises Reservation/Group Coordinator and works closely with the Sales team.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED certification and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Previous Department managerial experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills and financial knowledge required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hotel or similar industry customer service role, reservationist or similar
- Valid state driver’s license from applicable state and MVR in good standing.
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
- Light work -Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently and/or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to move quickly about the property to various departments.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Responsibilities may include any and all of the following:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Regular attendance is required in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes proper dress and correct nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Responsibilities cont’d:
- Coordinate the yield management process and daily manages the property management system.
- Chair the daily revenue meeting and generate all reports needed for that meeting.
- Monitor the pricing of competitors understand the dynamics of the local market and demand generators; present appropriate actions to Sales.
- Monitor group blocks to determine rooms available for sale to transient customers. Understand groups’ pick up history and effectively manage group cut off dates.
- Review and approve all group proposals with the Director of Sales and/ or General Manager. Collaborate with the Director of Sales on group rates and ceilings and selective guidelines.
- Effectively develop the hotel pricing and market mix strategy.
- Responsible for daily walk-in rates and communication to staff of change in the daily pricing strategies.
- Determine the hotel weekly and long range rooms’ forecasts.
- Assists in the annual hotel budget development and ongoing results analysis.
- Provide training to Reservations and Front Desk employees on up selling and negotiating techniques.
- Implement and monitor revenue-based line-level staff incentive plans.
- Manage and control Reservations department labor.
- Communicate fluctuations in occupancy to operational departments for staffing adjustments and increase in efficiency.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Aggressively recruit and staff department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
- Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty shifts, if required.
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including EEOC and Wage Hour laws.
- Attend and assist in preparation for daily and monthly Rooms meetings.
- Update property specific reservations system with restriction changes on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate and detailed property history.
- Review arrivals report and daily flash reports for accuracy.
- Be competent in all property specific computer functions used by reservations.
- Monitor the competitive set for occupancy and rate, and recommend changes based on findings.
- Be knowledgeable on property information (outlets, hours of operations, etc.) and ensure that staff is well trained to communicate hotel information to callers.
- Comply with property policies on billing, routing, house accounts, A/R accounts, PM accounts.
- Control suites inventory and monitor room type requests.
- Maintain rate integrity program.
- Assist in preparing team members’ schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure appropriate forecast are completed on a timely basis to standards.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines communication with managers, team members and other departments.
- Assist in preparation of monthly revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Know hotel’s rate tower and rate quoting standards. Manage restrictions in accordance with the hotel’s rate tower.
- Follow and enforce all Prism credit policies.
- Be familiar with all corporate and brand specific programs such as airline mileage. Ensure that staff is knowledgeable in understanding and implementing corporate programs.
Monitor all VIP’s, special requests and guests.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible