Prepares food those results in high quality of taste and appearance to satisfy guest and maximize food revenues.
- Prepares meals in accordance with the portion and quality standards specified in recipes or as otherwise designated by the supervisor; controls food usage to minimize waste.
- Prepares the next day’s work on a daily basis.
- Advises supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and franchise requirements.
- Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing warewasher / dishwasher or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Education/Experience: Basic reading, writing and math and one year of food preparation experience, is preferred.
Certification and/or License Requirement: Any food handling permits as required by state or local law.
Attention to detail.
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
May be asked to work overtime.
Will be exposed to common household cleaning supplies.
The major responsibility in this position is to assist in the preparation of food; therefore a significant portion of time is spent standing, speaking, listening, handling food and kitchen utensils and carrying or lifting.
The vast majority of time is spent cooking, handling food and working with kitchen equipment, typically while standing up.
Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, waitstaff or supervisors.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, or when taking inventory.
This person utilizes problem solving, reasoning and organizational abilities often.
Mathematical skills, including basic math, quantities and variances are used frequently.
- Job type
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible