Scope of Position:
The Food Runner is responsible for delivering food from the kitchens to guests in the restaurant, bar and market, communicating with servers and bartenders regarding special requests, expediting orders and communicating with cooks and chefs regarding special requests, verifying orders have been prepared appropriately and to the defined standards, bussing/cleaning of tables, and cleaning/organization of workstation.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or GED certification and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
Light work-Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Ability to be on your feet throughout the entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
Responsibilities may include any and all of the following:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes a clean, pressed uniform, polished shoes, hair neatly combed and restrained, and correct nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner with a smile
- Opening tasks such as preparing pars, filling requisitions, and retrieving daily specials.
- Clearing, cleaning and setting tables as necessary.
- Preparation of non-alcoholic beverages to include coffees, teas, lattes, cappuccinos, and specialties
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complete all side work and cleaning duties per standards.
- Be familiar with the organization of the restaurant, market, lounges, and room service and know the function and hours of each.
- Have a good knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable departments.
- Prepare and complete server and service attendant tip reports, if appropriate.
- Be attentive to guests needs and assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend all training/meetings as required by management.
- Job type
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible