Delivers food and beverage orders to guest rooms according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Also assists in the maintenance of the Room Service area and equipment.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or GED certification
Experience in a hotel or a similar industry, preferably in Food & Beverage.
Must be minimum legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit as required by local or state government agency.
Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Ability to be on your feet throughout the entire shift, sometimes for entire shift.
Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
Proven restaurant serving or waitering experience
Customer-oriented approach and patience
Problem solving and decision making skills
Hands on experience in cashier duties
Excellent people skills
Responsible and trustworthy
Attention to cleanliness and safety
Responsibilities may include any and all of the following:
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order. Prepare tables by setting up salt and pepper, silverware, share plates and glasses.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Attend to customers upon entrance. Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Interacting with customers by taking their orders, making recommendations, providing them with accurate bills, serving them food and drinks, processing payments, and supplying them with whatever they need in a timely manner.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude. Handle guest complaints following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Issue bills and accept payment according to standard
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in Bar/ Lounge
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for drinks.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, preparation method, ingredients, sauces, preparation time, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of Micros and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
- Fold/stack of 50 roll ups napkins.
- Requisite all necessary supplies and restock all items.
- Set tables according to service standards.
- Set up all condiments (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, fava beans, wasabi peanuts and any others condiments needed) and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) according to service standards.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware and napkins for service.
- Check cleanliness and condition of all equipment for use in Lounge Service area, rectify any deficiencies.(Table, chairs, salt and pepper, candles, flowers)
- Ensure all flowers and decorative items are fresh.
- Retrieve all food orders from kitchen and serve on table in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve on table in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Transport food orders from kitchen area to guest table with cart, ensuring all standards of food presentation are maintained and that no spillage occurs.
- Clean and reset tables/ transport dirty dishes to the kitchen area with cart only.
- Serve the food items and beverages to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Anticipate guests'' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests even when busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Present check to guest for signature/payment. Adhere to all payment procedures established by Finance.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all service areas.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards.
- Clean tables, wipe down chairs,
- Clean all equipment as assigned in the side duties.
- Restock items for next service.
- Remove all dirty napkins and put it in designated area.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned.
- Set up, clean and refill salt pepper
- Clean candles holder/ report missing ones.
- Fill out the requisition/Place it in designated area.
- Successful completion of the training/certification process.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Polish silver, glasses.
- Expedite on floor or in kitchen as assigned.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to Departmental, and Company policies.
- Adhere to uniform requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to manager.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible