Cleans the kitchen, including dishes, flatware and related equipment to ensure a clean and organized work area.
- Sets up work station as required including filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, setting up flatware presoak, and gathering required set-up equipment for pot sink.
- Rinses/ scrapes all dishes; washes dishes and flatware as each rack is filled; may put clean dishes in assigned storage locations.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after spill, empties and cleans trash cans when they become full.
- Monitors chemicals and water temperature during shift, changes water at specified intervals.
- Cleans kitchen equipment such as hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills; cleans and organizes storeroom.
- Notifies supervisor of any malfunctioning equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
Internal: Restaurant and Banquet Services: To receive dirty tableware.
Kitchen Employees: To receive dirty cooking pans and utensils.
Education/Experience: Basic reading, writing and math skills, is preferred.
Certification and/or License Requirement: California Food Handler
Attention to detail.
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
May be asked to work overtime.
Will be exposed to common household cleaning supplies.
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to clean the kitchen and all related equipment, therefore a significant portion of the day is spent standing, walking, carrying or lifting, and handling objects.
The vast majority of time is spent washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen, which is usually done while standing and/or walking.
Carrying or lifting items that weigh approximately 5 to 25 pounds occurs often.
Communication skills are utilized when receiving instructions on kitchen equipment or supplies such as chemicals.
- Reports to: Executive Steward, Executive Chef
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible