You like to make sure the party looks and runs beautifully. You love making sure every detail is how it should be and everyone involved is not only happy, but is wowed. And you can juggle multiple things at once while always keeping your eye that everything is taken care of. If this sounds like you, then a Catering Services Manager with Interstate Hotels and Resorts is the right fit for you!
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan, organize, and manage the in house details for large group and convention bookings (eg. guest rooms, menus, set-up, etc.) Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Responsible for the management and planning of meetings/conventions and related activities including rate negotiations for large major accounts. Recommends and implements procedural changes and performs as team leader for all hotel department staffs participating in the event delivery process.
1. Plan, upsell and detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Prepare the appropriate resumes and paperwork to ensure quality service. (30%)
2. Manage function details and related activities to ensure that program requirements are satisfied. Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business. (50%)
3. Improve hotel convention services'' products through; (a) the development of new sales tools, menus, themes,and decorations, (b) the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and satisfaction of our customers needs. (10%)
4. Monitor and control individual event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product. (10%)
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task force and committees as required. (2.5%)
2. Communicate function requirements to appropriate areas in the hotel, resolve issues or problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction. (2.5%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent.
Experience: Two to three years of employment in related positions with this company or other hotel organization(s) having similar major accounts including catering and room sales.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires through knowledge of the convention/catering, food & beverage and hospitality professions, practices and procedures in order to develop and manage large functions for major accounts.
Requires knowledge of the Hotel and IHR''s policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines.
Requires skills needed to manage the people and variables encountered in the development and implementation of major functions.
Must possess communication skills needed to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and/or hotel guests.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Westown, Milwaukee, WI, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible