The Assistant Sous Chef should demonstrate a basic understanding of a kitchen operation within a hotel. The Assistant Sous Chef practices the importance of producing a consistent, quality product that meets and exceeds the guests'' needs in a timely manner. This person has basic skills in department training and is capable of assuming department responsibilities in the absence of the Sous Chef. Skills and knowledge to include culinary education, cost control, basic communication and leadership skills and computer skills.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal communication skills.
- Must have physical stamina to lift, carry, push and pull moderate amounts of weight.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and various shifts, including but not limited to, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- At least 5 years of culinary experience in a high volume, fast paced operation preferred.
- Hotel experience a plus.
- Job type
- Mission Bay, San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible