• Assists to ensure that culinary activities are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
• Assists in the preparation and updates of the Departmental Operations Manuals.
• Assists to conduct regular communications meetings and ensure that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
• Provides a courteous and professional service at all times.
• Ensures that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
• Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst providing a prompt follow-up.
• Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
• Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
• Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
• Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.
• Ensures that all company brand standards have been implemented.
• Work closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
• Monitors Bakery and Pastry standards in all outlets and banquets.
• Checks incoming ingredients ensuring that all merchandise is in accordance with order sheets and receiving records.
• Ensures orderly handling of all raw products and checks that quantities prepared are according to recipes and plate specifications.
• Prepares and supervises daily mise en place and ensures that all sections are supplied with fresh and high quality products based on anticipated business levels.
• Frequently verifies that only fresh products are used in Bakery and Pastry preparation.
• Frequently tastes bakery and pastry products in all outlets and be demanding and critical when it comes to Food and Beverage quality.
• Establishes and enforces sanitation standards for the kitchen.
• Responds to the results of the Brand standard Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
• Works in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments in line with our purpose.
• Support the hotels target for NPS and customer service.
• Ensure that the defined ISO standards are followed while on duty.
• Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Pastry employees as appropriate. Adheres to hotel guidelines when recruiting and uses a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
• Through hands-on management, closely supervises the Kitchen employees in the performance of their duties and ensures this is in accordance with policies & procedures and applicable laws.
• Delegates as appropriate the duties and responsibilities necessary to trained employees who are well equipped and resourced to correctly accomplish these tasks.
• Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Kitchen employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
• Assists to prepare and post weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
• Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
• Ensures effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and their Departmental Trainers.
• Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
• Assists to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and support them in their professional development goals.
• Support the implementation of our purpose, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s values, Hyatt regency guiding principle and leadership profile.
• Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
• Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
• Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
• Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
• Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
• Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• Ensures high standards of personal grooming and hygiene standard.
• Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
• Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management
- Relative Work Experience
- Job type
- Mumbai, India
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract