· Assists to ensure that culinary activities are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Assists to prepares and updates the Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Conducts regular departmental communications briefings and meetings in the absence of Sous Chef – Commissary.
· Provides a courteous and professional service at all times.
· Assists to ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst providing a prompt follow-up.· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Assists to maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.
· Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented.
· Work closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Checks incoming food products and ensures that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets and receiving records
· Coordinates with all satellite kitchens for their mise-en-place and supplies.
· Assists to monitor closely the requirements in own section and order the food items at the right time and in the right quantity for the intended use.Operational (continued)
· Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
· Establishes and enforces sanitation standards for the kitchen.
· Assists in making sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Through hands-on management, closely supervises the Kitchen employees in the performance of their duties and ensures this is in accordance with policies & procedures and applicable laws.
· Assists to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Kitchen employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Assists to prepare and post weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Assists in conducting annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and supports them in their professional development goals.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
· Reads the hotel''s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel''s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management
- Relevant work experience in Culinary
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Ashok Nagar, Mumbai, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible