· Oversees and assists in the preparation and updates of the Front Office Departmental Operations Manual.
· Conducts regular communications meetings and ensures that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
· Represents the Rooms function on the hotel''s Executive Committee in the absence of the Director of Rooms.
· Ensures that all Front Office employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Ensures that Front Office employees also provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
· Assists in greeting and checking-in VIP and Long Stay guests, ensures that they are met by an Assistant Manager – Front Office.
· Ensures that all Front Office employees are aware of current promotions, policies and other important information.
· Ensures that all Front Office employees are familiar with the hotel’s products and services.
· Implements consistent guest recognition programmes and maintains a relevant guest history database.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Personally and frequently verifies that guests are receiving the best possible service during check-in and check-out.
· Spends time in Front Office and Regency Club during peak periods to ensure that both areas are managed well by the respective team and delivers the brand promise.
· Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
· Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Ensures that the Front Office operates with the lowest possible cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest, proactively managing costs based on key performance indicators.
· Maximises rooms’ sales and revenues for the hotel through appropriate yield management, upselling and inventory management initiatives, and working closely with the relevant Heads of Department and Front Office employees.
· Assists in monthly reforecast, as appropriate.
· Assists in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan for Rooms Division.
· Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
· Assists in weekly yield and revenue management meetings, as necessary.
· Assists in the preparation, utilisation and update of an annual Marketing Plan.
· Monitors rooms’ standards in general, working through the respective Head of Department to take corrective action where necessary.
· Conducts frequent and thorough inspections of guest rooms and Rooms areas in general together with the Housekeeping Manager and other Assistant Managers - Front Office.
· Ensures the strict control of room keys.
· Assists in securing external guest accommodation in overbooking situations.
· Ensures that public areas are clean and up to standard.
· Ensures that all daily arrival V.I.P. rooms, special request rooms, and long stay guest rooms are pre-blocked in advance, that Housekeeping is notified and that each room is prepared with the appropriate welcome amenities.
· Ensures that all V.I.P. and long stay guests are met on arrival by an Assistant Manager.
· Works closely with the Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to block rooms as necessary for maintenance.
· Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
· Assists in making sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Rooms Top 20 have been implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Works closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Ensures that the Front Office employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
· Ensures that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Front Office employees; follows hotel guidelines when recruiting and uses a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
· Ensures the punctuality and appearance of all Front Office employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with Front Office employees, supports them in their professional development goals.
· Plans and implements effective training programmes for all Front Office employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· Supports Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings.
· Develops the skills and effectiveness of all Front Office employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Prepares and posts weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Feedback the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations, especially travel agencies, local business groups and airlines.
· Reads the hotel''s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel''s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Rooms function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as Front Office Manager.
Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Ashok Nagar, Mumbai, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible