Main Duties and responsibilities:
· Assists to prepare and update the Front Office Departmental Operations Manual.
· Conducts regular departmental briefing and meetings.
· Prepare and updates the employees’ roster.
· Provides the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division.
· Ensures all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Responsible for facilitating efficient communications for both guests and employees both within the hotel and for external communications.
· Manages and ensures smooth and efficient operation of the department.
· Studies, evaluates and suggests improvements for operation procedure when necessary.
· Assigns responsibilities to employees.
· Acts proficiently in all aspects of emergency procedures. Remains calm, alert, and efficient in the event of a major incident or problem at the hotel and maintains professional discretion.
· Checks work performance of employees and their grooming standards.
· Assists in the operations when necessary.
· Liaises with relevant departments on necessary equipment changes.
· Ensures logbook is updated; reads the logbook, and communicates with Supervisors / Operators.
· Identifies plans and conducts training programs for employees.
· Ensures Trainers are carrying out training sessions for employees.
· Ensures all training sessions are recorded and given to Human Resources Department on time.
· Issues Job Requisition / Orders and repair orders for maintenance.Performs duties of Supervisor and Operators as and when required
· Ensure that brand standards have been implemented.
· Respond to the results of the Brand Standard Audit and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Works in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments in line with our purpose.
· Support the hotels target for NPS and customer service.
· Ensure that the defined ISO standards are followed while on duty.
· Through hands-on management, supervises closely the employees in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws
· Delegates appropriately, duties and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, nurturing and developing them whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained
· Plans and implements effective training programs for all Guest Services employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· Supports Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings.
· Prepares and posts weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Support the implementation of our purpose, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s values, Hyatt Regency guiding principle and Leadership profile.
· Provides feedback for the annual Performance Development Discussions and supports the Guest Services employees in their professional development goals.
· Assists to feedback the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
- Job type
- Mumbai, India
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract